Friday, August 21, 2009

Two Days

The countdown until I board that plane continues and while my excitement about landing in Vienna is growing exponentially I'm currently more enthusiastic about this blog. Yeah, I'm going to freaking Austria for four months but I'm preoccupied with something that only exists virtually. In a few weeks I'll probably be standing atop some snow-capped mountain peak but I'll be too busy scribbling away in some tiny little notepad to even notice.

For those of you who don't know, writing was essentially my life in high school. I was even going to major in English and make writing a career. However, I then discovered that crazy thing called Science and now as a nursing major my writing has been postponed indefinitely. That is, until now. So, maybe my excitement over some blog that doesn't actually exists except as a bunch 1's and 0's, which I might as well mention can be deleted with the mere press of a button, isn't quite so pathetic. Because, see, this whole writing gig is kinda my childhood dream. So now I've just gone from pathetic to sentimental.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, but you will notice the snow caps and the awesomeness surrounding you because as a writer observation is everything. You'll want to convey everything you see and experience to your fans back home. In fact, if you're a truly great writer, and I know you are, you'll experience it ever so much more deeply because you'll be searching for just the right words and phrases to express the awesomeness and so you'll be reliving the experience of the snow-capped mountains over and over again in your mind after you've walked away. And, hopefully, you won't write run-on sentences like that last one! However, you're a better writer than your mother so no worries!

    ReplyDelete