Friday, August 28, 2009

8/27/09 First Day of Classes

Thursday was the first day of class so I awoke bright and early, donned my sweater vest, ate my German bagel, and heroically attended two classes, mass with Bishop Kung, then two more classes - all one almost immediately after the other. I have another full day of classes tomorrow to look forward to before a school trip on Saturday to Vienna . . . then about 150 pages of reading assignments to do by next week. After the first day of class. All those people who told me that "classes in Austria are chill, dude" lied to my face.


So, a breakdown for your convenience of the elaborate torture Franciscan University has scheduled for me over the next four months:


Christian Marriage with Dr. Asci

Foundation of Ethics with Prof. Seifert-Wolter

Philosophy of the Human Person also with Seifert

Intro to Scripture with Prof. Cassidy

History of Civilization II with Fr. Seraphim T.O.R.


But seriously, I'm excited about all my classes; not just because I have a penchant for torture but also because the prospect of learning all this cool stuff is pretty sweet. Also, my professors are what can only be described as awesome. So much so in fact that their lectures are like pure doses of awesome being injected directly into each students' bloodstream. No wonder FUS's study-abroad program is rated among the top five in America - we get our students high off of learning during class days and then send them across Europe over the weekends in this altered state of mind which can only be referred to as "enlightenment."

2 comments:

  1. Dude, I need a sweater vest now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the king of sweatervests. I even started a club about them in high school.

    I salute your bold statement of pride and dignity by selecting such a sublime article of clothing to venture out into the world in.

    ReplyDelete