Monday, September 14, 2009

Weekend in Gaming

While most of the student body went to either Switzerland or Prague in the Czech Republic I spent my weekend back in Gaming. This is partly due to my peculiar financial situation but also because 1.) I want to explore Gaming itself and 2.) I have what can only be described as a literal mountain of homework sitting on my desk. It should also be noted that I got a job cleaning the Mensa after meals. So, on Thursday evening, after slaving away with my mop and bucket, I met my roommate Jason G. at the Keller (the Kartause restaurant) where we enjoyed a few beers and more importantly the company of his grandfather who was visiting from the States. I probably had close to a liter of the Keller's light beer which is more alcohol than I've had before in one sitting. As a result I now believe that I truly understand what Benjamin Franklin meant when he said, "God gave men alcohol because he wanted them to be happy."


Friday I had plans to hike to the waterfall outside Gaming with a half dozen students, including good friend Andrew Rall. However our hike was delayed by a thunderstorm. The rain began to let up by 4PM and we decided to brave what was left of the inclement weather. Of course after hiking the three miles to the waterfall it began to downpour once again so that upon returning to the Kartause we were all fairly drenched. Still, it was a pretty great time to be had.



Every night also consisted of movies, beers, and board games until Sunday came and I'd hardly done any homework. I wish I could say that my weekend had consisted of lots of productive and profound studying but sadly most attempts just ended in impressions of books on my face as I napped. I did get a fair amount done throughout the day on Sunday but unfortunately I have enough homework still that the school week is going to be incredibly hectic. However, on a positive note, I definitely aced my history test this morning.


What little profound studying that may or may not have actually occurred.


unproductive, not profound "studying" that definitely occurred

3 comments:

  1. Hey, that looks like me when I study! The bottom picture, that is... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I'm swamped with homework right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey nice post, enjoyed reading this...

    ReplyDelete